The Kayak Discovery Tour
Discover kayaking in Glencoe and the beauty of Loch Leven. Our guides will help you start paddling safely before embarking on a tour of Loch Leven. We will head off to explore the islands including Eilean Munde – The Graveyard Island. Not only will you experience Glencoe from the water we will make sure you leave ready to take on your next kayak adventure safely wherever it may be. After this experience you will be ready for kayak hire, private tours further afield or purchase of your own kayak.
Available for ages 6 – 11 as a private family paddle adventure.
What Do I Need To Know?
- £60 Adult /£40 Age 12-17
- Suitable for beginners and improvers
- Ability level 1 and 2 (see FAQ for details)
- Ages 12+
- Children (under 18) must be accompanied by adult (1 adult for every 2 children min)
- No previous experience required
- Swim ability of 25m
- Low to Moderate fitness (equivalent to an easy hours walking)
- Wear you swim gear under clothing for easy change
- Bring a towel and warm clothes for after
- Bring suncream, water and snack
- Private group pricing £150 for 2 plus £60/£40 pp thereafter
- Single sit on top kayak and Paddle
- Palm buoyancy aid
- Tiki Wetsuit
- 2 Hours with Instructor (WSA/ASI Qualified)
- 1:6 Instructor Ratio Max
What will I learn?
- Fundamentals of safe paddling
- How to select correct equipment
- How to setup equipment
- How to launch onto water
- Efficient paddle techniques
- Self rescue techniques
- How to plan a kayak trip
- History and Environment of Glencoe
- Hire of kayaks
- Private guided trips
- Purchase of own kayak